Logging is one area where “Breku studenti” has been operating almost from the very beginning. Right now we perform the full cycle – from evaluating the forest, buying it and logging to diverse processing of wood, regeneration and cultivation.
Since 1999 we participate in auctions organized by State JSC “Latvian State Forests”. We also actively buy up private forests (both conifer and foliage) in all Latvian territory, but mostly in Jekabpils, Kraslava, Madona, Ludza and Daugavpils regions.
We perform the following complex of services:
- Forest evaluation, carried out by experienced and professional logging experts;
- Preparation of necessary documentation (Land Register, cutting permit etc.);
- Sawing the trees using motor-saws and a forwarder (at the moment the most up-to-date in Latvia);
- Exporting wood from the cutting area, as well as transporting timber and timber products;
At will – renewing the developed cutting areas and cultivating young forest plantations:
- Preparing the soil – loosening belts with a forest tractor;
- Renewing developed areas – sowing or planting seedlings;
- Cultivating the plantations – mowing sprawls.
Tending trees on renewed plantation takes place for 3-4 years and then transfers to the next level – tending the composition, cutting out unwanted types of trees with a bush cutter.
“Breku studenti” Ltd. renews and cultivates about 50 hectares of logged forest areas annually.